Monday, November 11, 2013

Advent Week 1 -- Psalm 122 DRAFT

Comes the invitation
Then the jubilation
God resides nearby
Past a certain threshold
All may find a foothold
Manifold the cry

(chorus)
I know you not, but you know Him
at least as well as I
And so I yield and wish you well
For God's sake peace I prize

Law taught from the carriage
As if in stone is cherished
Heritage of life
Then unhewn stones encountered
Anointed thrones which tendered
Justice ending strife

(chorus)

Comes the invitation
Reconciliation
When God's truly known
Peace comes not through conquest
Neither of us knows best
That's for Him alone

(chorus)

Past a certain threshold
As within a sheepfold
All find loving care
Those I love the more so
If for you all goes well
And you goodwill do bear

(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment